THE RIGHT READERS:
Litbreaker Media helps book publishers, authors, MFA programs, and other advertisers find the right audience.
EARNING WITH LITBREAKER
Monetize your book blog or literary magazine!
Litbreaker makes it easy for lit mags and book bloggers to earn money from their sites with literary ads in lots of different genres. We handle all of the sales, ad management and payouts, so you can build your community. We manage 25M ads per month for hundreds of sites including The Rumpus, The Nervous Breakdown, Electric Literature, Chick Lit Club, The Toast, Pop Matters, Bookpage, and The Millions. Sign up now, and let’s get started!
0s&1s A Blue Million Books A Bookish Girl An Unconventional Librarian AndiLit.com Awful Library Books Awkword Papercut Bad Bird Reads Batch of Books Behind the Pages Bella’s Bookshelves Black Heart Magazine Book Bite Review Book Lover Reviews Book Page Bookhounds Bookhounds YA Books Speak Volumes Books Without Any Pictures BookTrib Boulevard Broken Pencil Canadian Book Addict Canadian EReader Carbon Culture Carol’s Notebook Carve Magazine Cecile Sune – Book Obsessed Celtic Lady’s Reviews Chapter By Chapter Chick Lit Plus Cleaver Magazine Collected Miscellany Confessions of a Book Addict Conversational Reading Critical Theory Daily Mayo Drey’s Library Electric Literature Empty Mirror Entropy Everead Feed Your Fiction Addiction Fiction Advocate Fiction Writers Review Fjords
Forth Magazine Fourth Street Review Full Stop Gemini Magazine Gleaningful Guernica Magazine Guiltless Reading Happy Book Lovers Happy Indulgence Her Literary Salon Home.Love.Books. Honourary Canadian Hypertext Magazine Ivory Owl Reviews Jewish Currents Joyland Jump Into Books Kathy Reads Fiction Kritters Ramblings Largehearted Boy Laura Plus Books Linus’s Blanket Literary Kicks Literary R&R Litstack Litreactor Little Library Muse Longreads Lovely Bookshelf Luxury Reading Manda-Rae Reads a Lot Many Hats Mari Reads Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf Michael SciFan Monkey Bicycle Mooske and Grips Mother. Gamer. Writer. Mrs Mommy Book Nerd My Life. One Story At A Time
Never Enough Shelf Space Newtopia Magazine NYC Bookworm Omnimystery News OTHERPPL Podcast Open Letters Monthly Pank Paradise of Pages Peace Love Books PopFront PopMatters – Books Propeller Magazine Pure Imagination Rabid Reads Ramblings From This Chick Reading On A Rainy Day Reductress River City Reading Run Spot Run Savvy Verse & Wit Sensitive Skin Sequestrum Shea Magazine Shooting Stars Magazine SMITH Magazine Sophisticated Dorkiness Spiced Latte Reads Storeybook Reviews Storyacious Such A Novel Idea Talking Writing Tattoo Girl Reads Tentacle Books That’s What She Read The 3 R’s Blog The Airship The Appendix The Book Addict’s Guide The Bookshop Blog The Book Wheel The Compulsive Reader
The Discriminating Fangirl The Electric Typewriter The Gilmore Guide to Books The Great Gray Bridge The Learned Fangirl The Library at the End of the Universe The Lit Bitch The Millions The Mod Podge Bookshelf The Nervous Breakdown The Nocturnal Library The Not-So-Literary Heiress The Novel Life The Paris Review The Pen & Muse The Quivering Pen The Reading Date The Reading Frenzy The Review Review The Rumpus The Social Potato The Things You Can Read The Tishman Review The Toast The Weeklings The Whynott Blog The Woven Tale Press Theresa M. Cole These Curves Talk Three Guys One Book Tif Talks Books Tony’s Book World Tragically Dull Adventures of An Almost Librarian True Story Underground Book Reviews Vinobaby’s Voice Vintage Novels Vol.1 Brooklyn Warscapes West Metro Mommy Reads Wicked Lil Pixie WiLoveBooks Winning Writers Words For Worms Y.A. Reads Zymbol
EDUCATED. THOUGHTFUL. PASSIONATE. INDEPENDENT.
- Female 51%
- Male 49%
Income Above $50k/Year
Litbreaker is a different kind of ad network for literary magazines and book blogs. We know your site is a personal expression of your interests and your own interpretation of the books you read. How do we know? We’re book bloggers, too. I founded Litbreaker after my friends and I created Three Guys One Book. I quickly discovered what a hassle it was managing our own ads, and how many publishers had problems managing ad campaigns across many different sites. So I launched Litbreaker with a handful of bloggers as clients and a couple of advertisers who wanted to reach readers. Now Litbreaker manages advertising for over 200 literary sites including Forth Magazine, The Rumpus, The Toast, Electric Literature, Guernica Magazine, Pop Matters, The Nervous Breakdown, The Paris Review and The Millions. We deliver 25 million ads per month to about 3 million unique readers all over the world.
Jason Chambers is Founder and CEO of Litbreaker. He manages Sales, Operations and Finance, and works closely with advertisers to make sure their campaigns show where and when they want. Since starting his career, he’s been a bookstore employee, buyer and manager, a wholesale book buyer for children’s and adult books, and an independent bookstore consultant. He’s also Co-Founder and Managing Editor at Three Guys One Book.
Dennis Haritou is Director of Business Development. He works closely with Litbreaker’s website clients, recruiting and onboarding new clients, and providing support for current ones. Dennis is also Co-Founder and Contributing Editor of Three Guys One Book. He has bought books for a large book retailer, for warehouse clubs, for a major book wholesaler, and has led a book club. He is working on his first novel.
Did something go wrong? Can’t find what you’re looking for? Can’t figure out where to put your ad tags? Lost your password?
Whatever the problem, click below and tell us about it and we’ll be happy to help.
- Litbreaker Media favors sites that provide a greater proportion of original content versus links.
- Only sites written in English are eligible.
- Well-designed sites, in terms of appearance and usability, will receive top priority in our decision-making process.
- You must have the ability to insert Litbreaker script into the header of your site.
- The site cannot contain any adult content or link to any adult materials, including but not limited to:
- Explicit/vulgar/obscene language,
- Posting or referencing sexually explicit images or other offensive content,
- Promotion of adult services, such as phone sex or escort services.
- The site content can not infringe on any personal, intellectual property, or copy rights, including but not limited to:
- Racial, ethnic, political, or hate mongering,
- Infringe on any material protected by copyright,
- Investment advice, or money-making opportunities not permitted under law,
- Gratuitous displays of violence or profanity,
- Material that defames, abuses, or threatens physical harm,
- Promotion of illegal substances or activities, such as online gambling, how to build a bomb, counterfeit money, etc.,
- Displaying another publisher’s content within the frame of your site.
- Use of Meta refresh coding or timed rotation of ad banners is not allowed by Litbreaker
- Any methods to falsely inflate the number of ad views or clicks is expressly forbidden.
- In relation to ad banners, auto spawning of browser windows, automatic redirecting of users, pop-up windows, and framing the click-to destination of an ad banner is expressly forbidden.
- Litbreaker ads cannot appear on any web pages for which you are not directly responsible for the content. This includes but is not limited to:
- Framing the content of pages to which you have provided the search or no-proxy link,
- Free BBS, Guestbook, Email, or Chat services which you provide for your viewers,
- Forum pages that are not moderated,
- Pages/sites for which you provide free hosting, community, or network services.
Litbreaker ads can ONLY be placed on sites which have been reviewed and approved by Litbreaker staff.
Litbreaker owns and operates a network (the “Network”) comprised of Network Sites (as defined below) for the sale and placement of advertising thereon.
Network Member and Litbreaker wish to include those of Network Member’s web sites listed in application submitted to the Network (“Member’s Site(s)”) in the Network, and allow Network Ads to be served and displayed on Member’s Sites, all on the terms and conditions set forth herein.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants, warranties, representations and promises contained herein and intending to be legally bound hereby, the parties agree as follows:
- Definitions: For purposes of this Agreement, the following terms will have the indicated meanings:
- “Ads” means all advertising sold and placed on Network Sites hereunder.
- “Advertisers” means advertisers that have been approved (or in accordance with the terms hereof deemed approved) by Litbreaker and/or Network Member to place advertising on Network Sites.
- “Confidential Information” means any data or information of the disclosing party that is of value to the disclosing party and is not generally known to third parties.
- “End User” means a User of any of Member’s Site(s).
- “Implementation Code” means the Ad Implementation Code (as defined below).
- “Marks” means trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs and logos.
- “Member Requirements” means the specifications document as in existence from time to time, either in print or electronic form, setting forth technical and other requirements for enabling Ads to be sold, trafficked, placed, tracked and reported on by Litbreaker hereunder.
- “Members” means, collectively, Litbreaker and its Network Members, Network Member and Other Members. (j) “Network” means, collectively, all Network Sites as may exist from time to time.
- “Network Interface” means a web portal providing password protected access to Members and Advertisers to online reporting as set forth herein.
- “Network Sites” means those web sites that are participating in the Network.
- “Net Revenues” means, for Ads delivered on Member’s Site(s) pursuant to this Agreement, the aggregate insertion fees attributable to such Ads, net of advertising agency commissions & fees, charge backs, bad debt, distribution fees, brand research, refunds and other such offsets amounts collected in respect of taxes for remittance to governmental and regulatory authorities and out-of-pocket expenses payable to third parties and directly associated with value-added features of a campaign such as ad serving expenses for rich media ads.
- “Other Members” means persons and entities, other than Network Member, that have entered into Ad Network Member Agreements for the inclusion of one or more of such persons’ or entities’ web sites in the Network.
- “User” means a user of a Network Site, including Member’s Site(s).
- “Services” means all services provided by Litbreaker and/or its Network Members hereunder, including but not limited to the Network and all services related and ancillary to the operation of any of the foregoing.
- Network Obligations of Litbreaker.
- Network Member acknowledges that the Network and all associated Services hereunder are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Litbreaker makes no guarantees as to performance, including but not limited to with respect to the placement of Ads or revenues derived there from. Network Member further acknowledges and agrees that some or all of Litbreaker’s obligations hereunder will be provided to one or more third party service providers selected from time to time by Litbreaker.
- Sell advertising for placement on Network Site(s) and cause such advertising to be served and displayed on Network Site(s), including Member’s Site(s), subject to approval rights of Network Member (to the extent applicable) as set forth herein.
- Perform all tracking of Network Ad sales and placements on Member’s Site(s), and report thereon via Network Member’s account, accessible via the Network Interface. Each Member and Advertiser shall have access, in addition to any aggregated statistics regarding the entire Network and made accessible in Litbreaker discretion to all Members, only to information regarding its own Sites and/or Advertising.During the Term subject to all terms and conditions set forth herein Litbreaker will operate the Network and provide the following Services with respect to the Network:
- Provide Network Member with source code that will cause Network Ads to be displayed on Member’s Site(s) (the “Ad Implementation Code”).
- Pay Network Member its Member’s Share (as defined below) for Ads displayed on Member’s Site(s).
- Network Member Obligations.
- Network Member shall be responsible for placing Litbreaker Ad and Analytics Tags on approved Network Member(s) in a manner that allows verification of the URL of the web page and in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Network Member will make the Inventory available to Litbreaker in Standard IAB Units as described in these Terms and Conditions or as may be updated by Litbreaker from time to time.
- Network Member may place any 728×90, 160×600, and 300×250 IAB units on Network Member(s) via Ad Tags that are made available by Litbreaker. Other ad sizes may be made available upon request.
- Any Inventory made available to Litbreaker can be offered to advertisers at Litbreaker’s discretion.
- Publisher may place no more than one (1) leaderboard (728×90) ad above the fold. For purposes of clarification, this means that if a Litbreaker leaderboard ad is placed on a page, no other leaderboard or banner ad may appear above the fold on that same page. Publisher may place no more than one (1) skyscraper (160×600) and one (1) rectangle (300×250) ad unit on any given page.
- Ad Tags are to be placed on approved Network Sites only. Network Member is prohibited from modifying, or causing to be modified, Litbreaker Ad Tags.
- Placing Ad Tags on non-approved Network Sites is specifically prohibited by these Terms and Conditions and will result in immediate removal of the Network Member from Litbreaker , and non-payment of any and all amounts due Network Member.
- Network Member understands that the placement of Ad Tags on non-approved Network Sites may result in monetary and reputational harm to Litbreaker. In the event that Ad Tags are placed on any unapproved site, Litbreaker shall be entitled to seek immediate injunctive relief, and Network Member will be liable to Litbreaker for compensatory damages related to any lost revenue, loss of brand value or any other consequence resulting from such unauthorized use of Ad Tags by Litbreaker promoting or otherwise providing information about the Network.
- To join and remain in the Litbreaker Network, a publisher must meet the following Eligibility Requirements. Litbreaker’s Eligibility Requirements are also posted on the Litbreaker web site (Litbreaker.com). The following requirements apply to any content that you publish where you have posted your unique Litbreaker source code, including all web pages within those domains regardless of whether that particular page hosts Litbreaker source code or not:
- Represent specialty content. Portals, search engines, and sites of links to other people’s content do not fit our definition of specialty content.
- Provide current, regularly updated content.
- Be in English. Litbreaker does not allow any of its ads to appear on foreign language sites.
- Agree to our full eligibility requirements and advertising conditions.
- Your site may not contain any adult, sexually explicit, or mature content, use explicit language, or link to adult or sexually explicit content.
- Your site may not allow Litbreaker ads on any sites or pages for which you are not directly responsible or any sites that have not been reviewed and approved by Litbreaker.
- Your site may not infringe on any material protected by copyright.
During the term, Network Member shall be asked to display on Member’s Site(s) such clickable Network attribution as is provided by Litbreaker from time to time, which shall link to a web page hosted
- Your site may not allow timed rotation or auto refresh of Litbreaker banners.
- Your site may not contain user-submitted content that is not moderated.
- Revenue Share; Pricing, Billing & Payment. Litbreaker will sell advertising campaigns on behalf of Network Member, manage all contractual and technical issues with the advertising agency and execute the insertion order contract and provide the HTML ad tags needed for the advertising to appear on the pages of Network Member’s web site(s).
- The advertising will be tracked either by Litbreaker or by the advertising agencies third-party ad server when required by the terms of the insertion order contract with the advertiser. In cases where the advertising insertion order requires, tracking, invoicing and payments will be determined by the reported data produced by the 3rd party ad serving technology. Litbreaker will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that ad serving discrepancies are kept at or below industry norms when 3rd party ad servers are used for tracking and payments and to ensure that the ad tags necessary to serve the advertisement sold by Litbreaker do not interfere with the loading time of the ad pages. In the event that Network Member reasonably determines that any delay in loading of the Network Member site pages is due to interference from the ad tags provided by Litbreaker, Network Member reserves the right to remove the Litbreaker -supplied ad tags temporarily, until such time as Network Member reasonably determines that any technical issues affecting ad-delivery performance are adequately resolved.
- After every month that advertising runs on Network Member sites, Litbreaker will prepare and send an invoice to the advertising agency or advertiser. Litbreaker shall remit to Network Member Sixty-five percent (65%) of Net Advertising Revenue generated from the sale of Advertisements. “Net Advertising Revenue” shall be defined as gross revenues, less agency fees, charge backs, bad debt, distribution fees, brand research, promotional impressions, refunds and other such offsets. Publisher agrees to hold Litbreaker liable for payments solely to the extent proceeds have cleared from the Advertisers to Litbreaker for advertising placed in accordance with this Agreement. For sums owing but not cleared to Litbreaker, Publisher agrees to hold the Advertiser solely liable. Litbreaker shall use best efforts to collect from advertisers all monies due.
- Payments will be made within 45 days following the month in which the applicable Net Revenues are received. If Litbreaker has not received payment from Advertiser by the date that is one hundred eighty (180) days following the date of the invoice, Litbreaker shall, at Publisher’s option, assign to Publisher the right to collect such debt and provide Publisher with information relating to the debt, including the name of the Advertiser, the Advertiser’s contact information and the advertising campaign at issue.
- Revenue will be calculated based on traffic audits from Litbreaker’s third party service provider’s central server. For purposes of fair and accurate reporting, Litbreaker traffic audits will be the sole source of audience traffic measurement for billing purposes. Some Ads may be shown by a third party server. In that case, for purposes of fair and accurate reporting or advertiser requirements, Litbreaker may need to rely on the third party server’s traffic audits as the sole source of audience traffic measurement for billing purposes.
- Network Member shall be responsible for paying any applicable charges under this Agreement, including any applicable taxes or charges imposed by any government entity, including but not limited to personal income tax, social security and/or welfare obligations, sales tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), and use tax if applicable. Network Member also agrees that neither Litbreaker nor Service Provider is not obligated to determine whether sales or use taxes apply on any Advertising sales and is not responsible to collect, report, or remit any sales or use taxes arising from any such transaction.
- Network Member may access, via a password-protected area of the Network Site, information relating to Advertising sold and served on Member’s Site(s).
- License Grants; Intellectual Property.
- During the Term, Litbreaker grants to Network Member a limited, nonexclusive and non-sublicensable license to use the Implementation Code solely for the purpose of implementing the Services on Member’s Site(s) solely in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. No rights are granted herein with respect to any web sites other than Member’s Site(s) as listed on Schedule A. Additional sites owned and operated by Network Member may be added solely upon mutual agreement of the parties.
- During the Term, Litbreaker grants to Network Member a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, royalty free right to use, reproduce, publish, perform and display such Marks as may be provided by Litbreaker from time to time solely to comply with the attribution obligations provided hereunder. Network Member shall comply with all trademark usage guidelines and quality control standards provided by Litbreaker from time to time, and shall immediately cease or modify any use upon being notified that such use is non-compliant. All use of the Litbreaker Marks, and all goodwill associated therewith, shall inure solely and exclusively to the benefit of Litbreaker.
- Network Member hereby grants Litbreaker (including its service providers) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, perform, display and distribute via all media such content as is provided by Network Member to the Service (“Network Member Content”) and portions thereof for the purpose of promoting the Network and the sale of Ads on Member’s Site(s). Network Member agrees that Litbreaker (including its service providers) shall have the right to include Network Member’s Marks for purposes of identifying Network Member and Member’s Site(s) as a Member in advertising, promotional and marketing materials in all media.
- All data collected by Litbreaker and/or Service Provider in connection with Network Member’s participation in the Network and receipt of Services hereunder shall be the property of Litbreaker. All materials (including software, equipment and data) and content provided by any person or entity, including the parties hereto, and including but not limited to all intellectual property rights therein, shall remain the sole property of such person or entity.
- Term; Termination.
- The term of this Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and continue for indefinitely on a monthly basis, unless terminated as provided herein. Following the Initial Term, this Agreement shall renew automatically for additional periods of the same duration as the Initial Term upon the same terms and conditions (each, a “Renewal Term”), unless and until either party provides written notice of its intent not to renew at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the then-current term. The Initial Term and any Renewal Term(s) are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Term.”
- This Agreement is subject to early termination as follows:
- If either party breaches this Agreement, or becomes the subject of bankruptcy, insolvency, liquidation or other proceedings, the other party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice to the breaching party. Litbreaker further reserves the right, in lieu of termination (and or pending investigation and a decision to terminate), to suspend marketing and placing Ads on Member’s Sites.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time by thirty (30) days’ prior written notice to the other party.
- Upon the termination of this Agreement for any reason all license rights granted herein shall terminate immediately, Network Member shall immediately cease use of, and return to Litbreaker or delete and certify as to the deletion of, the Litbreaker Materials, including the Litbreaker Marks, the code provided to Network Member for implementation hereunder and all Litbreaker Confidential Information. Sections 6(d), and 7 through 11 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason.
- Representations, Warranties and Covenants.
- Each party represents and warrants that:
- the Agreement has been duly authorized, executed and delivered and constitutes a valid and binding obligation of such party, enforceable in accordance with its terms;
- such party has full power and authority to enter into the Agreement and perform its obligations hereunder; and
- the making of and performance under the Agreement by such party does not violate any agreement or obligation existing between such party and any other person, firm or corporation; and (iii) that the performance by such party of its obligations hereunder, shall be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Network Member further represents, warrants and covenants that:
- Network Member owns, operates and has sole editorial and creative control of Member’s Site(s); and (ii) Member’s Site(s) do not and will not contain any content which infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates, and Network Member will not in connection with the operation of Member’s Site(s) or this Agreement infringe, misappropriate or otherwise violate, any applicable law, rule, regulation (including but not limited to those regarding internet privacy and unsolicited and/or commercial email) or third party right including but not limited to trademarks, patents, copyrights, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, moral rights, music performance or other music-related rights, or any other third- party right.
- THE SERVICES, NETWORK AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. Litbreaker, ITS NETWORK MEMBERS AND SERVICES PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES, NETWORK OR MATERIALS PROVIDED HEREUNDER WILL MEET NETWORK MEMBER’S REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEIR OPERATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR- FREE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REPRESENTATIONS MADE HEREIN, Litbreaker DISCLAIMS ON BEHALF OF ITSELF, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, CONCERNING OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES, THE NETWORK PRODUCT AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT.
- Each party represents and warrants that:
- Each party (the “Indemnitor”) will indemnify, defend and hold harmless the other party, and the other party’s Network Members, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (and Network Member will also indemnify, defend and hold harmless third parties engaged by Litbreaker to provide any of the Services) (collectively, the “Indemnitees) from and against any claims, damages, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to any claim by a third party based upon or related to: (a) the Indemnitor’s breach of any representation or warranty made by it under this Agreement; or (b) in the case of Network Member, Member’s Site(s) and/or any violation of Section 3(c), 3(f) or 3(g) hereunder or of any provision set forth on an Attachment.
- The parties agree that (i) the mutual agreements made in this Section reflect a reasonable allocation or risk, and (ii) that each party would not enter into the Agreement without these limitations on liability, except for:
- THE PARTIES’ INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 9.
- (ii) BREACHES OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND/OR PROPRIETARY INTERESTS RELATING TO THE NETWORK OR SERVICES, AND (III) BREACHES OF CONFIDENTIALITY UNDER SECTION 11(i), (A) NEITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST DATA, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE OR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY WAS OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OR ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE AND (B) IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF THE AGREEMENT EXCEED THE NET AMOUNT Litbreaker HAS ACTUALLY RECEIVED AND RECOGNIZED AS REVENUE DURING THE PRECEDING SIX (6) MONTHS FOR THE SERVICES TO WHICH THE CLAIM RELATES.
- Litbreaker and its Network Members and services providers are not responsible for the content of materials served to Member’s Site(s) under the Services (including Ads) Litbreaker, its Network Members and service providers do not review such materials before they are displayed, and do not verify, endorse, or otherwise take responsibility for the contents of any such materials. Litbreaker reserves the right to remove from its servers Network Member Content which it determines to be in violation of this Agreement.
- The parties agree that (i) the mutual agreements made in this Section reflect a reasonable allocation or risk, and (ii) that each party would not enter into the Agreement without these limitations on liability, except for:
- This Agreement, together with its schedules and attachments, supersedes all prior discussions and agreements between the parties, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, United States of America. The exclusive jurisdiction for any action relating to this Agreement shall be a federal or state court in Springfield MA, and the parties consent to such jurisdiction and waive and agree not to plead or claim that any such action or proceeding has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
- The waiver of any right or election of any remedy in one instance shall not affect any rights or remedies in another instance. A waiver shall be effective only if made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the party making such waiver.
- All notices or communications between the parties to this Agreement shall be addressed to the applicable address set forth on the signature page of this Agreement and sent by fax, certified or registered mail, personal delivery or overnight courier. Such notices shall be deemed given on the date of receipt (or refusal) of delivery of said notice.
- Neither party may transfer or assign its rights, duties or obligations under this Agreement to any person or entity, in whole or in party, without the prior written consent of the other party, except to an entity that acquires all or substantially all of the assets of the Acquiring Party. Any such prohibited assignment shall be void.
- This Agreement may not be amended except by an instrument in writing signed by both parties.
- Litbreaker and Network Member are independent contractors and neither Litbreaker nor Network Member is an agent or representative of the other.
- Neither party shall be liable for delays in performance hereunder due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, strikes, inability to obtain labor or materials on time, any delay, failure, interruption or corruption of data or other transmission over any local exchange, interexchange or Internet backbone carrier lines or through routers, switches and other devices owned, maintained and serviced by any third party carrier or utility or Internet service provider beyond the control or jurisdiction of the party.
- “Confidential Information” means
- the specific terms of this Agreement;
- all reporting information (including revenues paid to Network Member and all information relating thereto, including but not limitation, Ad rates and Member’s Share);
- any other information provided by one party to the other under this Agreement (other materials intended for display to Advertisers, web site end users and other third parties. Except with the prior written consent of the disclosing party, neither party shall (x) use the Confidential Information of the other party other than to fulfill the purpose for which it was provided hereunder, (y) disclose any Confidential Information other than to its employees and service providers who have a need to know in connection with the operation of the Network and provision of the Services and any disclosure to contractors may only be to service providers who have signed a non-disclosure agreement to protect the confidential information of third parties; or (z) make copies or allow others to make copies of such Confidential Information except as is reasonably necessary for internal business purposes. “Confidential Information” shall not include information (A) previously know to the recipient without obligation of confidence, (B) independently developed by or for the recipient without use of or access to the other party’s Confidential Information, (C) acquired by the recipient from a third party which is not under an obligation of confidence with respect to such information, or (D) which is or becomes publicly available through no breach of this Agreement.
REVENUE AND PAYMENT
“How are payments calculated?”
Litbreaker works on a revenue share basis. For every ad that shows on your site, you get 65% of the revenue and Litbreaker gets 35%. Our ad server tracks which ads show on your site, and how often, and allocates your rev share to you. Price per ad varies based on the number of ads purchased and the rates for each.
“Are payment rates CPA (cost per acquisition), CPC(cost per click) or CPM (cost per impressions) based?”
About 95% of our payments are CPM-based, though we do experiment with other options from time to time. You may occasionally see CPC payments, or payments based on a weekly or bi-weekly site sponsorship, but they are less common. Regardless, clicks from your audience are important, because better performing sites are more frequently requested by advertisers, and are allocated more premium campaigns.
“When do I get paid?”
We pay our affiliates each month, 45 days after the end of the month. For example. for all ads that ran on your site in January, you’ll receive payment on or before March 15th.
AD SIZES & PLACEMENT:
“What ad sizes do you offer?”
Litbreaker’s standard ad sizes are 728×90, 300×250 and 160×600, which are the sizes that are most easily integrated into most sites. In some cases, we offer combination 970×250/728×90 and 300×250/300×600 ads for sites where the additional sizes are appropriate. If yo don’t know what ad sizes are best for your site, we can help you decide.
“Where do I put the ad code?”
Litbreaker has an above the fold policy. For the 728×90 leaderboard, this is rarely an issue. The ad goes at the top of the page above or below the header. For ads in the sidebar, the ad should be visible when a reader is viewing the top of the first post on your page.
“Am I bound only to your advertising?”
Our ads must be above the fold, but otherwise you are free to use other (non-exclusive) ad networks. You can place those ads below the fold, or we can add the to your account as backup ads for when we don’t have premium inventory for you.
“Can I use Adsense??”
Sure. As long as Litbreaker ads are above the fold, you can place other ads wherever you want. Just make sure you are following everyone’s Terms and Conditions. We can also run Adsense as your remnant option, if you want.
“Can I use Litbreaker as my secondary provider for above the fold ads?”
Yes! We can still work together as your secondary provider for above the fold ads. We’ll provide ad code that you can give to your primary ad network to set as the default creative.
“I’m working with another above the fold ad network. Can I place Litbreaker ads below the fold or on other pages in my site?”
We’re only interested in above the fold placement, because it earns a higher click through rate and helps us retain higher advertising revenue for everyone in the network.
“Are the ads going to be book related?”
Litbreaker ads are 99% book related. When we don’t have premium priced book ads, we deliver either CPA ads for appropriate book products or ads for non profit book publishers or literary organizations. For our clients who want their own remnant options, we will traffic third party or house ads for you. We can also, on request, provide access to non book ads via ad exchanges through our system.
“Will my site be served pop-up ads?”
“Can I reject an ad if it’s not right for my site?”
Yes, you can request an ad no longer be served on your site via our server dashboard.
“Where / how exactly do I insert the ad tags into the html?”
In most cases we can help. If we are familiar with your platform/theme, it’s usually very easy. In the event we are not familiar with your platform or theme, we recommend checking in with the support folks for your platform (e.g. Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace, WordPress.org) or theme author. Look for a “help” or “contact” link when you’re logged into your website or blog.
“Is there a long-term contract? How do I stop using Litbreaker ads?
Our agreement has no set term. Either party may end the agreement at any time by giving the other 30 days advance notice.
“I think I want to use Litbreaker ads, but am not quite ready. What should I do?
Talk to us about it. If you are working on a redesign and want to wait until you’re ready to launch, we can do all the paperwork in advance, and give you some temporary tags for testing purposes. Or if you just have questions not listed here, we’re happy to answer them.